Thursday, July 16, 2009

From Puppy to Kitten, Amen!

My little Lollygagger wanted a kitten of her own. She had been mentioning it for months and the level of begging got me to thinking about it seriously. I decided I was all for it, but getting the Lollygagger’s Daddy to buy in to the idea was another matter. He cleans up after the dog and the cat already and hates every minute of it. His buy in was essential.

I had to devise a plan. A diabolical plan. An ambitious plan. A Plan that had to work. I was determined to present my little Lollygagger with a Kitten of her own no matter what.

After a few days of consideration, I had a plan. Muahaaahaaahaaa.

I called Lollygagger’s Daddy at work and told him I happened to see a puppy I absolutely HAD to have for her. I told him it was a St. Bernard that wasn’t really expected to grow to full size and explained how we could shave his fur during shedding season. He had an earful of how a new puppy would be good for the Lollygagger, the fact that her adult brother, who no longer lives at home, has a cat (who lives in our home), and he and I have a dog of our own. It just wouldn’t be fair to deprive her of having her own pet. She was being deprived of one of life’s greatest experiences and should be allowed to feel the joys of a puppy licking her face.

When he finally got a word in edgewise, he said no. Well, he actually said a few expletives along with the no, but it was a clear and concise No; as expected. I had no choice. I pulled the guilt card. And I laid it on thick.

I argued for the better part of 15 minutes while he listened (I really think he just set the phone down and came back in time to hear the end of my one sided argument).

When he was exhausted from the sparing (or pretended to be) and was at his breaking point, I made my move. I eased up on the dog idea and told him I’d settle for a kitten. He must have thought he had done a good job and beat me down in the bargaining and mania of it all, and “gave in.”

Two days later, I presented my little Lollygagger with the kitten I intended to give her all along.

He’s so easy. Only one of many reason why I love him so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment