Saturday, December 12, 2009

Our Morning Tradition

We have a tradition in our home that started roughly four years ago.


Each morning, when I leave for work, the Lollygagger and her daddy stand on the porch or in the garage and wait. They wait for me to reverse down the drive way and roll my window down.

Together, they shout out two things:


1) LOVE YOU!


and

2) Whatever random thought that comes to mind at that moment.

Sometimes, they shout things like "YOU'RE A PRETTY FLOWER" or "COME HOME WITH A MILLION BUCKS" or "DOGS ARE LIKE CUPCAKES"

Anything random. The more random, the more fun they seem to have with it.

I've enjoyed their crazy morning ritual since the day it started, and have come to expect it each morning. It just seems to start my day off right.

Last week, there was an unexpected break in the tradition. The Lollygagger was busy eating, dressing, getting her hair brushed, and trying to watch her favorite show, Imagination Movers, all at the same time.

I pulled away from the house and found myself missing their shout of LOVE YOU, and their random statement of affection (at least that's what I take it as).

My day was not the same. In fact, it was awful. It never improved until the afternoon when I called the Lollygagger's daddy on his cell phone. He had already picked her up from school, so I got to talk to her and told her that I missed her. We had a nice, but brief conversation about her school day.

When it was time to hang up the phone, she shouted and unsolicited LOVE YOU, which racked my eardrum and left me a happy momma with a ringing in my left ear.

Isn't it amazing how something so small can make such a huge difference in your day life?



LOVE YOU!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment