Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Predicting the Future?

A few blogs ago, I mentioned I can almost predict the future. I can't, really, but on occasion some really weird things tend to happen to me.

For Example: While in the middle of a conversation with a co-worker I stood up and walked toward the wall where the phone was. I reached for the phone but didn't answer it. I just stood there with my hand on the handset waiting for the second ring. But it didn't. So, naturally, I returned to my co-worker having never stopped my yakking. He blinked once, then interrupted, asking "what the hell was that about?"

"The Phone was ringing" I replied. At that moment, the phone started to ring again. So, once again I went to answer it. The phone conversation was brief and when I hung up I realized my co-worker was eyeing me with interest. He told me it never rang. We argued about it for a minute then let it go.

A few days later the same co-worker came into the projection-room-turned-office to chat with me about programing what we call SmartPhrases. It's a part of the software we had been training. During our conversation I distinctly heard water; as in bursting from a pipe, or pouring from a tap. I mentioned what I had heard and we both paused to have another listen. Nothing.

We resumed our conversation and within minutes it happened. He knocked over a carafe of water which splashed across the desk top, and ran off into my purse on the floor where I had put it earlier.

He turned to me with a stunned look on his face and said one word only. "Witch."

So there you have it. I can almost predict the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment