Monday, November 16, 2009

Hobo Kelly

While chatting on the phone with my mother, the Lollygagger helped herself to a couple of make up bags filled with old make up I don't intend to use, for various reasons. Lipsticks of the wrong color, blushes that are too light or too dark, foundations that clog my pours, etc.

Before I knew it, she was looking like Hobo Kelly! Remember her?

"I see Tommy, I see Betty, I see Robert..."

Week after week, that bitch clown managed to see every kid in California except me. Can't tell you how upsetting that was for me. I think she was making it all up. I don't really think she could see ANY ONE. Although, she was a magical clown. She could fly and everything. So, I guess I could be wrong.
So, there she was, looking every bit the clown as Sally Baker, the Hobo herself, and there was little I could do about it at the moment.

By the time my conversation with my mother was finished, the damage was done. We're talking lipstick so thick, it was creeping up into the nose.

She ran through the house in her efforts to prevent me from catching her and washing her face, but I won. I caught the little varmint and washed her face, twice. The make up in her nose remained though. Not too concerned with pink boogers.

Ya gotta love little girls and make up. They just go together so well.

No comments:

Post a Comment