Thursday, August 27, 2009

The Water Slide

The Lollygagger seems to receive a lot of Birthday Party invitations. She's been to Chuck E. Cheese, The Jump Zone (loads of those crazy jumping things the kids love so much), Tumble Tots (a gymnastics facility), and most recently The Fun Zone. The Fun Zone has it all. An outdoor skating rink, laser tag, mini golf, arcade games, rides, giant slides, and water slides.
The invitation said "Meet us at the water slides." It must have been pure denial on my part, because the word "water" never seemed to register.





Earlier, I shared with you my terror about The Lollygagger's swimming lessons. I'm not a water person and not excited about seeing my Lollygagger in the water either. She, however, is fearless. Which is why I stress out.

What could I do? I couldn't tell her no, she's be the only kid at the party not having fun. So, I did the right thing. I interrogated the life guard on her ability to handle a water rescue, questioned her experience, obtained her full dossier on her CPR skills, and located a life vest. By the end of it all, she looked at me dumbstruck, and told me the water in the pool at the end of the slides is only three feet, and rolled her eyes at me. Having met my objective of completely embarrassing myself, again, I felt much better.




So down she went. She was sent down the slower of the two slides because she's too short for the slide-of-insanity. Can't tell you how glad I am about that.


She also towed a hot pink inner tube-type inflatable thing up a flight of steps and rode down on the "raft" slide. She had a great time, and I stood in the 98* heat getting pictures and dehydrated.


Good times.


No comments:

Post a Comment