Friday, October 9, 2009

Nursery Rhymes

My Lollygagger has been blessed with the ability to ham it up at every opportunity. She's happy to have an audience while she sings, dances, demonstrates karate or acrobatics.
Here she stands patiently waiting for the rest of her classmates to thread their way outside and into line for the opening act: The Nursery Rhyme song.
I know the song by heart. I've been listening to her sing it for a month now. In the morning, in the evening, in the car, in the market, at the mall, over the phone, in the bathtub, and inexplicably, while she brushes her teeth.
She wore a sweater to school in this morning, like most mornings. But took it off this morning, like most mornings. So she shivers and holds her arms to get warm.
It doesn't take long for her to get tired of waiting for the show to start, so she thought she would shout out a little update:
"Mommy, I've been a good girl today! No color changes and no time outs!!"
The class was precious singing their song and soon filed back into the classroom to ready themselves for the next few numbers.
The Lollygagger is a part of a quartet of sorts. They sing Hey Diddle Diddle, The Cat and the Fiddle. Guess who was the cow jumping over the moon?
Though I was surprised to see her in this cute little skit, I'm not surprised she was the moon.
Each time she comes into my room while I dress for work in the morning, she shouts out "MOMMA, THE MOONS OUT" and just when I'm having a bad day on the scale, she throws in "...AND IT'S FULL"
Her daddy thinks it's hilarious. I'll bet I know where she got it. With her part behind her, she was allowed to, uh... sit quietly...with her friends.
That didn't go over the way her teachers were hoping, so they were disbanded to go and sit with their parents for the rest of the show.
And, just so you know. This dress was not chosen this morning for the play. No, it was selected because it's a "princess dress" and according to the Lollygagger, she is a princess and has to wear it.
I agree. She is a little princess.All hail the Princess.

No comments:

Post a Comment