Thursday, September 10, 2009

The Fortune Cookie

Chinese food is a weekly staple at our house. I adore the Won Tons, the Lollygagger's daddy enjoys the noodles, and the Lollygagger loves the Fortune cookies. She will gladly plow through her dinner of Chow Mien, Moo-Shu Chicken, and Sweet and Sour Pork for the pay off of Fortune cookies at the end of it all.

She hoards the cookies and will dole them out herself when she is sure the rest of us have finished every drop of our perspective meals.

She opens the package and removes her cookie as gently as possible, followed by the ceremonial cracking of the cookie.

She really believes these fortunes are written my a magical fortune teller who knew she would pick this precise cookie and wrote this fortune expressly for her.

She's fascinated not only by the fortune, but also by the series of numbers at the bottom. "What are these numbers momma, is this how rich I'll be someday?"
ahhhhhh....... sure, honey.

I read her fortune, as usual, and she informs me that she's already stepped on the soil of two countries, and should finish stepping on the rest of them before she's old, like me.
Damn.

No comments:

Post a Comment