Thursday, September 24, 2009

Signs of Mayberry

Our little Mayberry town is filled with the best signs I've ever seen.

They are simple, not out landish or over the top in any way. They are modest and understated.

Our town has a sign for everything. Take this one for example. No one lives in this "Haven" but the house has a sign declairing it's ownership.

And this one. Our town does have Bears, but not on the Eastern part of town, and I'm pretty sure there are no Bears living in this house. Although, it has been known to entertain little girls and ladies, all with golden hair. Did Goldielocks have a last name? Was it Coeler?

Then, we have the sign for the Church. Like I said. Understated. No prideful neon sign here. No siree. Just a modest, simple, dull sign.

On occasion, we find signs of the store bought variety. These two have been here a while, but they still serve their purpose. Of all the signs in our little Mayberry town, this one is my favorite. This sign captures the essence and flavor of our life here in this small town. The businesses in our town don't have electric signs, they have the good 'ol fashioned shingle. And, sometimes those shingles are nailed to trees. And, sometimes those shingles are just not enough, thus requireing a sandwich board sign to help spread the word... CLOSED. I could go on and on about the signs in my town, but someone might hang a sign like this one on me. I love the signs of our Mayberry town.






No comments:

Post a Comment