Friday, September 4, 2009

Hello Kitty Sandals

My darling Lolygagger has a favorite pair of sandals she has worn everyday this summer. It's a shame I bothered to buy her other pairs of sandals I foolishly thought she would equally enjoy. That was a true waste of money.

The thing is, she has never worn a pair of shoes or sandals with such frequency before. This is the first time she has ever actually worn out a pair of anything; shoes, sandals, pants, shirts, dresses, hats, you name it.

She usually out grows her clothing and shoes long before she can wear them out, which is why I find this so amusing.

What good mother would allow her Lollygagger to continue wearing such a raggedy pair of shoes? I guess I'd have to raise my hand to that question. What could I do? She loves them. Loves, loves, loves them.

Maybe it's the color, or the Hello Kitty Charm on the top, or the little heel. It's anyone's guess why she feels this way about her sandals.

So I wait. I wait for the weather to change. I wait for the snow to fall. I wait for her toes to turn blue with cold. I wait. And, when the timing is right, I will bury them deeeeep into the garbage can.

Then, when she notices they're missing I will feign ignorance and set out immediately to find another pair. A pair that will fit her ever growing feet and with hope, last the entire summer next year.
These shoes are just one more little thing that makes her happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment